Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation Matters
Guided by our decades of service in high-level legal and other roles at PBGC, we help our clients navigate through the maze of complex regulations and policies governing PBGC issues.
We have been routinely engaged by employers of all sizes, including many Fortune 500 companies, as well as by major law firms, actuarial consulting firms, investment banking firms, and private equity firms to address PBGC-related issues.
Our other professionals have served in key PBGC positions, including Deputy Manager of PBGC’s Actuarial Services Division, Supervisory Auditor for PBGC’s Plan Termination Insurance Program, and PBGC’s primary program official on benefit policy.
We advise you on how to proceed in the face of PBGC uncertainties.
K&A has extensive, current, and unique expertise in all matters relating to PBGC. We can give you invaluable guidance and unique insights on how PBGC is likely to react to a particular situation and on how best to address PBGC-related issues.
Based on our many years of experience, both at PBGC and at K&A, we provide sound and practical advice on all matters relating to PBGC, including:
- “Early Warning Program” involvement in corporate transactions
- Reportable events
- Annual employer reporting
- Penalties for reporting or disclosure delinquencies
- Premiums and related audits and penalties
- Benefit valuation and payment disputes
- PBGC regulatory and legislative initiatives
- Due diligence reviews of PBGC/other employee benefits liabilities
- Business restructuring and financial workouts involving PBGC-covered plans
- Downsizing liability under ERISA Section 4062(e)
- Standard terminations and related audits
- Distress terminations
- Involuntary terminations
- Employer liability disputes
- Bankruptcy claims and related disputes
- Multiemployer plan disputes